Friday, January 20, 2012

Turkey-Cheddar Taco Burgers

Sounds unhealthy, right? They look unhealthy, but in all reality, the burger itself is under 200 calories! Amazing... :)

Ok, so don't make fun of me, but....this is my FIRST, you read it, FIRST time making burgers. I just don't like touching raw meat, it kind of disgusts me, but I went for it today! It turned out well, I think...

Okay, here's the recipe, which I concocted myself (be proud! lol):


 
1 lb. ground turkey (I use Shadybrook Farms 97% Fat Free-Extra Lean White Ground Turkey)

1 taco seasoning mix (I used Great Value-all of it)

2 tsps each of minced onion & garlic (I used dehydrated minced from Tone's)

1/2 cup Kraft shredded fat free cheddar cheese

1 tsp. cumin

Salt & Pepper to taste

1. Put all ingredients in large bowl and mix together.
2. Score the meat, you know..like Rachael Ray does on her show, so that you have 4 equal patties (but feel free to make them smaller...like sliders, if you wish).
3. Put on George Foreman Grill (or any other grill).
4. Make sure meat is hot enough, I used a thermometer to make sure my largest patty (oops somehow one was bigger than the others) was at the right temp. At least 160*.

5.....Calories per burger: 195---Success!!!


Okay...now the fun part. I used a Hungry Girl Flatout Foldit-Wheat for my 'bun' (If you have not checked these out yet, at Walmart, you are crazy...they are so awesome for pizzas!). Then I topped with a little bit of bagged salad (I had premium romaine on hand), and a tbsp. of salsa. So Good....my lunch was under 300 calories! YAY....




3 comments:

Crystal said...

Sounds yummy! Will have to try this sometime! And I now LOVE flatouts thanks to you :) I have made pizzas with them a couple of times now.

Wesley said...

It sure smells good here! Once I walked in the door I was like.. Hmmm what did she make? 'Cause I sure am hungry!

Melissa D said...

Man those look good!