Monday, August 30, 2010

2nd Doctor's Appt.

My second doctor's appointment was August 23rd at 9am. First I had to pee in a cup. Then talk to an LPN about family history and about what tests were offered (HIV & Cystic Fibrosis & Down Syndrome test). We declined all tests.

Then we got to meet the Women's Health Nurse Practicioner, Jyll Hopkins. She was really nice and helpful. She first used the doppler to let us hear the heartbeat again. She said it was hard to find because the baby was wiggling around in there, which absolutely freaked me out...oh yeah..I AM pregnant! Crazy, haha. Then, since I hadn't had one recently, she had to give me a pap smear and check my breasts. She said she is concerned that I will have problems breastfeeding, which made me a little sad, but I can't worry about that right now. She also had to check on my cyst on my right ovary since it had been hurting. OUCH, boy did that hurt. She had to press down on my both of my ovaries and I almost started crying...Then more poking and prodding as I had to get some blood work down. Apparently, a 'prenatal panel' blood tests...Just routine bloodwork for a pregnant woman!

I still cannot believe that we are going to have a baby and that everything is going well so far. I am in awe of God's awesome miracles. He sure loves to surprise you! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Of course they will test your baby for HIV when its born if they didn't test you for it. I think they asked me again in the hospital if I wanted to be tested or the baby when he was born. They told me they have to by law. I wasn't able to breastfeed my baby, but I really don't think I missed out on anything. If anything my husband was able to bond with the baby through being able to feed him.

Anonymous said...

All I can do ...is Smile!
Love,
MOM

Misty said...

I am SOOOOO happy for you! I couldn't breastfeed Ethan. My milk didn't come in until two weeks after I had him and I couldn't get him to latch on for anything! I blame it on the C-section.

lakent18 said...

I agree with your mom! I just can't stop smiling. I'm so thrilled for the two of you.

Love ya!